Mother’s instincts and baby’s responses are naturally designed for breastfeeding. But if her baby could tell Mom anything to make it all go smother, what would it be?
The first drops of milk you make are all I need to start my body growing. The colostrum contains directions, amazing nutrition and protection for me to last a lifetime!
Don’t worry about making enough milk for me. If you hold me so close our skin touches and have patience with how often I have to practice finding my place, I can actually help tell you how much food I need.
My tummy is my happy place. It takes a few weeks for me to stretch out and unfold. On my tummy, on your body is the best place for hat to happen. Our hormones rise, more milk is made, I learn to feed even better, and we are both happier.
Making milk is your Superpower! The five different sugars in breast milk protect my tummy from germs, keep all of me healthy, and even tell my brain to grow. No one else makes food that is just right for me.
You can get tired learning something new. We both need to rest a lot and you have to eat for energy to make milk. Getting support gives you energy too, so introduce me to your family and take time to share your new adventure with your friends.
So, keep me close, feed me your milk often, let me practice until I find the right place to nurse comfortably for both of us, and trust me to order up the right amount of milk as our eyes meet while you watch me grow.
submitted by Anne M. Beckman RN IBCLC
Breastfeeding Quotes for Library Displays and County Fair, 2013
- I know breastfeeding is challenging but it is do-able.
- It was hard to latch baby at first but then we were successful with practice.
- What I enjoy most about breastfeeding: the bonding, the convenience and the fact that it keeps me eating healthier and there are benefits for all: myself, my baby, and my whole family.
- I like that there’s no dieting necessary when I’m breastfeeding.
- My mom saw me breastfeeding my baby, how easy and do-able it can be, and wished she would’ve breastfed her babies.
- I feel I have a special connection to my children because I have breastfed them.
- The intense closeness I felt was so great when I could finally put my baby to breast after NICU hospital stay when finger fed my pumped milk to my baby.
- I knew I was giving my baby the best when she was in the NICU.
- I felt a special closeness with my baby during NICU separation time when I couldn’t breastfeed, by giving her my breastmilk.
- I’ve continued to breastfeed because I know it is the best thing I can do for my daughter. It can be a lot of work at times but the bond that you develp makes it all so worth-while.
- The nutrition my daughter gets is very important to me, and it is an amazing feeling knowing I am giving her everything she needs. Plus, it is free!!
- Breastfeeding promotes a nurturing attitude. I always wanted to breastfeed and now I am doing so successfully! I saw breastfeeding as the a mothering thing to do.
- I wanted to make sure he had the best start possible and breastfeeding gives him that best start. It is something I can do now to give him the best start.
- Breastfeeding for me was hard at first, it sometimes hurt but knowing I am doing the right thing kept me going the first few days until it got much easier with some changes in my self-care.
- First 2 weeks are the hardest in breastfeeding. Mother-to-mother contact & support helped me through those days.
- Breastfeeding takes experience, practice, time and patience. The challenges will pass. I encourage moms to have some go-to people for questions once the baby is born.
- Breastmilk remains the primary source of calories for my baby’s first year. The benefits are more than just calories.
- Breastfeeding is not always easy but with support you can do it.
- Breastfeeding: it’s easy when you have support.
- Breastfeeding created a strong bond between my baby and I. It is a special bond that will last a lifetime.
- You may have hurdles but you can jump through hoops together.
- I breastfed my first child just to be different from my friends and to prove it could be done. I breastfed subsequent children because it turned out I enjoyed doing something for my babies that no one else could do.
- I grew my babies on the inside for 40+ weeks, now I was growing my babies on the outside. That was powerful. From mom of 4 breastfed kids
- Breastfeeding is a way of bonding with your baby.
- I know how much breastfeeding helps to build baby’s immunity and grow a healthy baby.
- I love breastfeeding because it’s mother nature.
- If you love your baby, breastfeeding is the way!
- Breastfeeding; be gentle with yourself… Meet everyone with grace.
- Human babies deserve human milk.
- Moms helping moms.