- La Leche League
La Leche League is an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization offering information, education, and support to mothers who want to breastfeed their babies. Local groups offer 24-hour phone help and monthly support meetings. We meet the third Thursday of each month at the Red Wing YMCA. Contact local leader Pam at 651/388-3575 for phone help and meeting information.
- Mayo Clinic Health System, Red Wing Hospital Lactation Services
Lactation Consultants provide education, assistance and support to breastfeeding women and their children.IBCLC’s provide:
- instruction and information to expectant parents
- daily rounds consisting of individual consultations to breastfeeding families on the Inpatient OB unit
- assistance with access and education on equipment for feeding infants
- providing education, equipment, and support for pumping and safe storage of breastmilk
- discharge consultations with all families to provide resources for postpartum support, including those needing education on the preparation of infant formulas
- a follow-up system of continuing services until breastfeeding is discontinued, which include a warm line, outpatient consultation, scheduled postnatal classes, and introduction to community resources
- collaboration with the services of area healthcare providers to assist in continuity of care
- Download lactation services brochure here
- WIC: Women Infants and Children
WIC is a food supplement and nutrition education program for pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children up to age 5 years. WIC encourages breastfeeding and supports breastfeeding with a peer breastfeeding program that enables moms-to-be and new moms to talk with peers who have also breastfed and are trained to provide breastfeeding information and support.
The Goodhue County WIC Program provides services at various locations in the County. Participants qualify for WIC based on financial eligibility and nutritional need.
For more information contact us at: Colvill Family Center, 269 East 5th Street, Red Wing, MN, Tel:651-385-4782